Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Soft thoughts about "my" Galilee: a few reflections about rabbi Yeshua's soil

N.B: all photos are personal pictures taken during my April trip to Israel...they are subject to copyright...please ask prior any use...thank you.


Galilee...I've just seen tiny parts of you and I am already calling you "my" Galilee!
I think that no place on earth has impacted my soul as much as you did. Should I describe heaven on earth, I'd speak of you.




Galilee is more than just a region in Israel. Your feet need to step there to fully understand what I am speaking about. Its flavor is very unique; it blends the heights of the mountains with the beauty of still waters. The wealthy vegetation combines subtle shades of color.


                              
Rabbi Yeshua, the Galilean, a Jewish Israeli, a true "tsabar"( born and raised in Israel, not the Westerner Christianity has made of Him)

From Tel Aviv, egged bus 836 will drive you to Tiberias. Expect two hours and a half ride.

Stepping into Tiberias ( pronounced Tveriah in Hebrew) will leave you an exquisite taste of the divine Presence. Kinneret lake is enveloped in the Spirit.



Coming near the Sea of Galilee will allow you to sense the Ruach ( the Spirit) hovering over the lake.
My first trip to Kinneret was such a beautiful, emotional, mystical encounter. I was just overwhelmed by the beauty of the place. Although my eyes didn't see Him in this very moment, I was enveloped into Yeshua's mantle of grace. It is hard to describe, because this is something you experience while being there. The sight of the lake got me weeping like a little child...



There is something so innocent and pure about the Sea of Galilee...a sense of peace and eternity arise from this place. The superficial layers of water will unveil some tiny stones at the surface. Every tiny space will silently remind you of rabbi Yeshua's deeds.



Walking upwards, to the heights of Tiberias is another beautiful adventure.
Tiberias is the home of many famous rabbis, such as rabbi Akiva and Maimonides, for instance.

I visited rabbi Akiva's tomb on my second visit to Tiberias. The place is a space of devotion and prayer to many Jews.


There is an entire room filled with prayer books. As I opened the Book of Tehilim, I found Psalm 1.

"Blessed is the man[
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night..."


Reaching the heights of Tiberias is such a splendid experience. I wanted to capture each moment for ever. 



Yeshua of Nazareth





Nazareth...what can I say about Nazareth?

The town was not on my program, but our rabbi decided otherwise.

Nazareth still looks like a little village. Due to the lack of time on Yom HaShoah, I only visited it partly ( I haven't been to the very heights of the city). But my overall impression was that the town has been left quite untouched for 2000 years. Old Nazareth still looks very ancient in its architecture and the white stones are amazingly beautiful.



There are many reminders of Yeshua's mom in Nazareth-even restaurants are named after her.






My only disappointment is that old Nazareth seems to have lost its Jewish character. I have been told of the remains of an old synagogue, but I was unable to find it...the Jewish quarters of modern Nazareth are called Nazareth Illit...I've driven through them via bus.

The stones and the landscapes are unforgettable to me.


flowers from Nazareth


                                                           

Yeshua's hometown, Nazareth in the Galil. Netzeret in Hebrew. Nezeret refers to the branch, as prophesied in the Book of Isaiah.
Nazareth, town of my Messiah, my eyes have been blessed to see you!

Copyright© by Isabelle Esling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...