Friday, February 17, 2017

The Song of the Sea and how Hashem became the children of Israel's Yeshua

My intent is to deliver you a short commentary on the two first verses of Shirat Hayam, the Song of the Sea (Exodus 15). I confess that my level of Hebrew is not sufficient to allow me to go into a more in depth study of the whole text, but I will share a few insights I received on the first two verses.



The Torah is a book unlike any other, and I was flabbergasted, back in the 90's, when I ordered my first Torah, in plain Hebrew ( I had just begun learning the sacred language and I was just capable to decipher the Aleph Beth like a little baby...): as I went through the pages, I discovered this strange structure of "Shirat Hayam" and I thought to myself: "the Hebrew Bible probably contains more mysteries that I can even conceive".

Examining the first two verses of Exodus 15, Shemot 15, will allow you to understand the link between Hashem's Name in the burning bush " eyeh asher eyeh", that has been so many times, mistranslated and misused as a present. Its actual meaning in Hebrew is: "I will be who I will be".
Does it make a difference? Yes, it does.



First of all, this form of future of "to be" clearly indicates, that as we walk with Hashem, He will become who we need Him to become.

The Song of the Sea also has many Hebrew verbs that are set unto the future and translated as a past. This is no coincidence: it unveils the Torah's uniticy between past, present, and future.
In Hashem's eyes, there is no temporal separation between what we call " past, present and future". We often suffer because we divide time's oneness. "Hashem echad ushmo echad", "Hashem is ONE and His Name is One" is a strong reminder of the Almighty's nature.



"As yashir Moshe ubenei Israel shirat hazot laAdonai"...Moshe and the children of Israel sung, are singing the song and will be singing the Song of the Sea in eternity. This song that glorifies Hashem is a powerful song of liberation. It will be transmitted from generation to generation and Hashem's Name will be exalted, always.



As horse and rider from the Egyptian army are thrown into the sea, the Name of Hashem is exalted.
The God of Israel is a powerful rescuer to the children of Israel, who crossed over the Red Sea.

The second verse of Shemot 15 opens up on a very powerful revelation: The Lord is my strength and my song; He became my Yeshua". We also find the same powerful sentence in the Book of Tehilim, the Book of Psalms- when the word "Salvation" is rendered by  the Name of our Messiah, Yeshua,the eyes of the readers are opened to the our Savior's wonderful guidance and presence among the Benei Israel. Yeshua has always been there and will always be with rhe children of Israel.

May Yeshua guide us always. May we trust Him daily for He is the rescuer who will never let us down. To Him the glory, in eternity.

Moschiach King, come soon, to take us with you!


Copyright© by Isabelle Esling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...