Thursday, September 1, 2016

"A prophet like me": Moshe announced Yeshua



"Adonai will raise up a prophet like me from among yourselves, from your own kinsmen.
You are to pay attention to him, just as you were assembled at Horev and requested Adonai your God, "Don't let me hear the voice of Adonai my God any more, or let me see this great fire again; if I do, I will die!"




On that occasion Adonai said to me:

" They are right in the way they are saying.

I will raise up for them a prophet like you among their kinsmen.
I will put my words in his mouth and he will tell them everything I order them." 

Deuteronomy 18:15-18



Dismissing Islamic claims that Moshe spoke about Mohamed

Two clear arguments will dismiss Mohamed as a potential candidate:



  1. IHVH, Hashem , the God of Israel is not Allah, a pagan deity that was worshiped even before Islam was born.
  2. The "prophet like Moshe" has to be a Jew. A prophet among Israelites' kinsmen has to be JEWISH in any case! The Scriptures are a 100% clear about it!

Yeshua clearly reminded people that Salvation is from the Jews ( John 4:22)

"You people worship what you do not know. We worship what we know, because Salvation is from the Jews."



Yeshua clearly indicated that He was the one Moshe spoke about centuries ago.




"I will not accept honor from sons of men. I certainly know you-that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in the Name of the Father but you have not accepted me.
If another comes in his own name, you accept him. How are you able to believe-you who accept the honor from another but do not seek the honor that is from the only God?
Do not think that I will make a claim against you before my Father.
Mosheh, in whom you hope, will make the claim against you.
For if you would only believe Mosheh, you would also believe me, for he wrote about me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"

John 5: 41-46 Delitzsch Hebrew Gospels

No lie has been found in our Messiah's mouth. He accomplished all prophecies according to the Scriptures.

Just to give you a few, non exhaustive, Scriptural references
  • Yeshua would be announced by a messenger, Yohanan ( Matthew 3:1-17)
  • Yeshua would know rejection (Isaiah 53:1-3; Daniel 9:24-26)
  • Yeshua is the Son of God ( Isaiah 9: 6-7)
  • our Messiah would enter Jerusalem while riding a donkey (Zechariah 9:9).
  • our Messiah would perform miracles ( Isaiah 35:4-6)
  • our Messiah's work is described by prophet Isaiah ( Isaiah 61;1-2)

Throughout Jewish history there have been a lot of false Messiah claimants and I think there will be some others. These people have come in their own name and tried to fool many people.
Yeshua's warning to Jerusalem is still valid for the time being. 

People won't be able to see Him again until they will be able to utter "Barukh haba b'Shem Adonai". 

Now if you are curious to know more about the very meaning of the expression " prophet like Moshe", please visit the following rabbinic resource
Could the prophet announced by Moshe just be anyone on the list?
Well , ask yourself the following question: to Torah abiding persons, who is greater than Moshe?

WHO do you say Yeshua is?

I'll never forget the very day when I saw white light going through my hands. I asked: "Who are you?"

and Yeshua replied to me: "I am the Living Word". 

Then I knew that my Lord had spoken to me.


Copyright© by Isabelle Esling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...