Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Psalm 27: a solid confession of faith





Yeshua changed my way of reading the Bible. While I am now reading more little portions of the Word, our Lord always invites me to dig deeper into the part of Scripture that I am reading. Every time it is possible, I am also doing my best to put the verses that are in front of my eyes into a Hebrew context.

But I will also share with you a new method of learning instigated by our Yeshua. Our sweet Lord also showed me that I should spent time on a text and when it has to do with Psalms, to sing them in Hebrew, so the words would resonate and penetrate deeply into my soul.



Psalm 27 is part of the teaching I am currently being granted. Going through the text, singing it, repeating it allowed me to go in depth with this beautiful statement of faith.


« Adonai is my light and my salvation : whom should I fear ? Adonai is the stronghold of my life : whom should I dread,
When evildoers approached me to devour my flesh-my adversaries and my foes-they stumbled and fell.
Though an army camp besieges me, my heart will not fear ;
Though war breaks out against me, even then I will be confident.
One thing I have asked of Adonai, that will I seek : to dwell in the House of Adonai all the saus of my life, to behold the beauty of Adonai and to meditate in His temple.
For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His sukkah, conceal me in the shelter of His tent and set me high upon a rock. »

Psalm 27 was written by King David. At the very beginning, it unleashes powerful creed of faith. When Adonai (our Lord) is the very foundation of our faith, we don't have anything to fear from anyone. When He becomes the center of our lives, we will find shelter in Him at all times.

It is interesting to note that the Hebrew version of Psalm 27 states that our Lord will hide us in His sukkah during bad days. Being sheltered in His tent ensures us protection, should we be besieged by a whole army of enemies. Should our own parents abandon us, Adonai would shelter us. We are now immersed into a strong dimension of unconditional love and light.

As we advance in discipleship with Yeshua, we are taking better habits. We don't rely on our own forces, we do not look at the outside cirumstances, but we start seeking His Face. We wait upon Him confidently, knowing that, despite the dark clouds around us, Yeshua is our rescuer from evil.

We can sing along with the Psalmist :

« Surely I trust that I will see the goodness of Adonai in the land of the living. »


I will raise up my hands to the Lord of my Salvation. I will proclaim to the face of the world that « Adonai ori » (The Lord is my light) and I will walk in confidence before my enemies.

The adventure with Yeshua continues in joy and confidence.
Yeshua is the strength of my life, whom shall I fear ?





Copyright© by Isabelle Esling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...