Sunday, January 10, 2016

Did you seek Him diligently?


Isaiah 55:6

"Seek the Lord while you can find Him. Call on Him while He is near."

Deuteronomy 4:29

"But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and soul."

Jeremiah 29:13

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."


It is quite funny. A lot of people have objected me: "Where is your God? I can't see Him. I pray and He doesn't answer, and so on..." Usually, I hear the same kind of diatribes from different people ( some of them do possess Scriptural knowledge) from people who keep complaining about the very "absence of God" from their lives.

Since your claim against Hashem seems to be quite serious, I'd like to raise a question and I'd like you all atheists, agnostics, doubters and seekers to answer it in all honesty.

"Did you really seek Him diligently? Did you pray earnestly while addressing to Him?

Actually is Hashem your MAIN priority?"

Well, in case you were unable to answer "yes" to my three questions, I think it is high time for you to examine the motivations of your heart.
The truth is, Hashem is never absent. Your Creator is right there with you, as you are reading these words. It is not Him, but you who created a distance between Him and you.
Yes, you are fully responsible of the very situation you are complaining about!

So what could cause you to be kilometers away from God?

First of all, your sins are responsible of the barrier that is blocking you from meeting God. As long as you will keep sinning and are not ready to express regrets about your unruly behavior, you will feel this distance. Some of you will even feel bad at the thought of your Creator, because, unconsciously, you perfectly know that you keep offending Him.

The second point is your heart of stone. Yes, you heard it well. As long as you are not willing to renounce arrogance,  resentment, lies and wicked ways, you will block the road to your Creator.
Humble yourself, because God speaks to humble hearts. I experienced this as a reality.

Third point: do not expect God to hear you if your prayer requests are made of selfish requests.
As a child, while watching the story of Moses, I wrongly thought that Moses was operating like a magician. My father corrected my view and explained me that Moses was working through the Spirit of God, unlike Egypt's magicians.
God is not a magician. Do not ask Him to reveal you the next lottery numbers. Your requests must be motivated by something that is according to His will.

The Book of the Proverbs states : "The Lord is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."

Yeshua encourages us to ask the Father in His Name:

"Until now you have asked nothing in my Name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." John 16:24

Our Lord is very personal, because He knows each of you individually. Therefore, seek Him diligently and He will manifest Himself to you.

God never ignores the supplications of the ones who truly love Him.

Copyright© by Isabelle Esling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...