Friday, July 17, 2015

Why being too judgmental is a bad thing





A lot of believers and followers of Yeshua are often tempted to correct their brothers and sisters. Sometimes they are advocating their point, using Scriptures.


However, I do think that one should be very careful in pointing an accusatory finger at a brother or sister, even when we do not agree with what they are doing.

Some people object that the apostles would confront assembly members with their sins. I will oppose you that the apostles had the responsibilities of a community that was spreading disorders and misbehaving. Their words have to be replaced carefully into context.

Yeshua, our Master, reminds you to check ourselves carefully:

“How can you think of saying, 'Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.” Luke 6:42


We must be very humble. One aspects of humbleness is to work on perfecting our own ways instead of criticizing our fellow brothers. By perfecting our ways, we can become an example. No need to spit venom at our brothers who don’t act how we would like them to act. Let us shine and walk in the footsteps of Yeshua and show through our behavior that we are following His words. A lot of people who are observing someone who is doing his best can become observant and correct their mistakes. If they don’t, they are not accountable before us, but only before Yeshua.

Yeshua constantly reminds us to be compassionate:

“Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven.” Luke 6:37

If the King of the Kings Himself does not judge, who are you, sinner, to judge another sinner?

Yeshua approached me numerous times. When our Lord is next to me, I often cry.

You might wonder why: it is because, when Yeshua is next to me, my true nature is automatically mirrored. I see myself as I am and before me, the King of the Kings, a pure and immaculate soul. I apologize every single day for my wrongdoings. Yet my King never condemns me.

Be merciful with others and become busy in perfecting yourself on the path of sanctification: there will be no time left to judge your brother.




Copyright© 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...